Tuesday 4 January 2011

Aaah.... January!

....or should that be, "Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!! January!!!!!"

So we're back from the holidays. Just an INSET day today, a gentle way to ease us into term, but we're back into the full swing of it tomorrow. I must remember that I'll need to re-establish routines and seating plans with my classes, and to expect a bit of a battle as everyone gets into the January blues.

I'm teaching several novels this term - ambitiously, I'm going to attempt Lord of the Flies with my very able Year 8 class. And a novel called Wheels, which my weaker Year 8s should enjoy. Year 10 are starting with Romeo and Juliet, but I'm trialling a slightly different (more old-school) way of teaching them - more later. My Year 11s are anxiously awaiting their results from the November entry, and will be re-set following that, and finally my Year 13s are all preparing for re-sits next week. We'll be back in with a bang!

With that in mind, I'm going to set my self a few New Year's Teaching Resolutions:

  • To follow up behaviour issues on the day, instead of waking up at 2am thinking about them;
  • To develop my strategies for AFL;
  • To start building my evidence for AST;
  • To get my Promethean Level 2 Certificate;
  • To quit moaning about teaching in 10 different classrooms and just get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment